Mindfulness is a powerful practice which can greatly reduce our stress levels in a busy world. Practicing Mindfulness allows us to live wholeheartedly in the present moment supporting us to live happier, healthier lives while greatly reducing stress and worry.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an internationally respected program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn over thirty five years ago. It has been clinically proven to benefit people with a diversity of life challenges such as stress, depression, anxiety, chronic pain and illness.
Suaimhneas Mindfulness, based in Cork, provides courses, seminars and training in Mindfulness-Based Approaches such as eight week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses, Mindfulness at Work, Introduction to Mindfulness courses and One to One Mindfulness training. Shirine Beausang is a member of the Mindfulness Teacher’s Network of Ireland.
- “Thanks so much Shirine. It has been an amazing 8 weeks. I am more relaxed and calm and better equipped to deal my busy life as a mom, manager and wife. My children now have my full attention in the evenings, we have much more fun at home now. I am able to switch gears between work and home” –Karen
- “It has transformed my life and how I live my life. Not in a way that others (except maybe those closest to me) would notice, but it is has fundamentally changed how I live my life – and hopefully will continue to live my life.”
- "Shirine was born to do this job. Her sincerity, warmth and authenticity shine through. She went out of her way to help me with my particular challenge (recovery from chronic pain). I couldn't recommend her higher" - Elaine
- “Shirine, you have a gift, a great voice and you manage your state so well in the classes. Mindfulness is a journey and it is good to have a role model to see. It adds credibility and trust to what is new” – Karen
- “ I enjoyed the course thoroughly. Coming here on a Monday night was like a refuge from the busyness that is life. The two and a half hours always flew and I left each week feeling at peace with myself. The other students were also lovely and from all walks of life”
- “The course has been very important to me. It came along at a time in my life when I needed it most. I have gained a new awareness of time and how I use it. I am a calmer, happier person.” – Gillian
- “I can only say, I enjoyed every minute. Shirine is, in my opinion, the channel which enabled me to become mindful and experience the joy of it.” - Gillian
Day of Mindfulness Workshop Upcoming Dates:
Saturday 18th August 10.30-4.30pm. Cost €55.
Take time away from the busyness of life, a time that’s just for you!
Suitable to both newcomers to mindfulness and more experienced meditators, we will enjoy mindfulness techniques such as Bodyscan, Sitting Meditation, Mindful Eating, Mindful Yoga and Mindful Walking.
You will also learn some mindfulness skills to bring with you beyond the workshop, ways to access the present moment to better manage stress in your daily life.
Morning of Mindfulness Workshop Upcoming Dates:
Sunday 2nd September (11.00-1.00pm). Cost €25.
Take part in our monthly mindfulness gathering, a chance to take time some time to practice mindfulness together on a Sunday morning away from the busyness of life.
Both newcomers to mindfulness and experienced practitioners are welcome to the above workshops.
Venue at St. Luke’s Home Education Centre, Blackrock, Cork.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Courses (2018):
Eight Week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Courses commencing;
Tuesday 11th September 2018, 7-9.30pm.
(Includes Full Day of Mindfulness on Sunday 20th October 2018).
Monday 1st October 2018, 7.00-9.30pm.
(Includes Full Day of Mindfulness on Saturday 17th November 2018).
Cost is €325. (Instalments and concessions available, please don’t hesitate to enquire).
Venue at Northridge House Education Centre, St. Luke’s Home, Blackrock, Cork.
“This course has helped me to become aware of how my feelings, thoughts and moods are only temporary and that they will come and go. Not to get overwhelmed by my thoughts and to let them come and go without resisting them. Bringing attention to my breathing and turning my attention to other aspects of my life around me..noises,smells, nature. Being more gentle with myself in times of doubt and confusion and trusting in myself and my experience of life more. Not wanting to change the world to my way of thinking. Not to be judgemental of others.” -Mairead