Shirine Beausang, based in Cork, is a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and Mindfulness teacher. Through CBT Therapy and Mindfulness-Based Approaches I support people who are experiencing a variety of life challenges such as stress, anxiety, self-criticism, chronic pain and depression.
Over the years, I have trained many people in mindfulness. It is a privilege to bring this skill to others and to watch the transformations unfold for them in their daily lives. I also have a special interest in ‘third wave’ CBT therapy which integrates mindfulness meditation, self-compassion and acceptance-based approaches. This can be described the therapeutic application of mindfulness in psychotherapy.
CBT Psychotherapy One to One Mindfulness sessions are available both online and in person.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Shirine Beausang offers Cognitive-Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT) which is an evidence-based, present oriented talking therapy. It focuses on how we see ourselves and the world around us, and how this can affect our emotions and behaviours. CBT therapy is proven to be extremely effective for a number of life challenges such as Generalized Anxiety and Excessive Worry, Panic Attacks, Social Anxiety, and Health Anxiety (CBT Therapy for Anxiety) Depression (CBT for Depression, Mindfulness for Depression), Low Self-Esteem and Self-Criticism (CBT for Low Self-Esteem and Self-Criticism), amongst others.
Shirine provides one to one CBT psychotherapy and counselling and specialises in ‘third wave’ approaches with an emphasis on mindfulness, self-compassion and acceptance. This includes Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Compassion- Focused Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an internationally respected program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn over forty years ago. It has been clinically proven to benefit people with a diversity of life challenges such as stress, depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and recovery from illness.
Learning to live mindfully can help us to navigate the current uncertainty of the times we live in. It can support us to slow down a racing mind, reduce overthinking and learn to cope with uncertainty. Through practicing mindfulness we can step out of stress increasing thought patterns such as worrying about the future, and get unstuck from repeatedly going over past scenarios in our head. By slowing down and steadying a racing, wandering mind we can discover stillness and peace in each unfolding moment. Practicing mindfulness allows us to to pay more attention to the things in our life that gives us meaning and pleasure (What is Mindfulness? or Benefits of Mindfulness) .
Shirine offers eight week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction courses (What is Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction?), mindfulness workshops, one to one mindfulness sessions (One to One Mindfulness), and Mindfulness and Wellbeing at Work, – Webinars and Training (Mindfulness and Wellbeing at Work)
The eight week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course will also move online from September 2020. This is to ensure that all those interested can safely participate in a way that best suits their own personal circumstances.
Please do not hesitate to contact for more information on 086 840 3722 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Thanks so much Shirine. It has been an amazing 8 weeks. I am more relaxed and calm and better equipped to deal my busy life as a mom, manager and wife. My children now have my full attention in the evenings, we have much more fun at home now. I am able to switch gears between work and home” –Karen
- I have been attended Cbt and mindfulness with Shirine for quite some time and the impact this has had on my life was something I was not expecting. Over the weeks and months I did cbt (cognitive behavioural therapy and also some mindfulness). Both aspects have changed my life for the better. Cbt gave me the tools to cope with aspects of life I struggled with and felt hopeless in repairing. Shirine has such a gentle approach where it feels more like your having a relaxed chat with a friend rather than a session. Cbt helped me gain control over my mind and return back to my true self. I have so much more knowledge about why I think and act the way I do, and this allows me to step back and realise what is happening and how I can go about a particular situation in a positive way. I use these simple techniques I have learned in my everyday life and couldn’t be more grateful for Shirine.
- “It has transformed my life and how I live my life. Not in a way that others (except maybe those closest to me) would notice, but it is has fundamentally changed how I live my life – and hopefully will continue to live my life.”
- "Shirine was born to do this job. Her sincerity, warmth and authenticity shine through. She went out of her way to help me with my particular challenge (recovery from chronic pain). I couldn't recommend her higher" - Elaine
- “Shirine, you have a gift, a great voice and you manage your state so well in the classes. Mindfulness is a journey and it is good to have a role model to see. It adds credibility and trust to what is new” – Karen
- “ I enjoyed the course thoroughly. Coming here on a Monday night was like a refuge from the busyness that is life. The two and a half hours always flew and I left each week feeling at peace with myself. The other students were also lovely and from all walks of life”
- “The course has been very important to me. It came along at a time in my life when I needed it most. I have gained a new awareness of time and how I use it. I am a calmer, happier person.” – Gillian
- “I can only say, I enjoyed every minute. Shirine is, in my opinion, the channel which enabled me to become mindful and experience the joy of it.” - Gillian
Workshops and Courses:
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course (2020):
Eight Week Online Course Starting Tuesday 22nd September 2020, 7-9.30pm.
(Includes Day of Mindfulness on Saturday 31st October)
September 2020 Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course is taking place online.
Cost is €280. (Instalments and concessions available, don’t hesitate to enquire).
(Booking Deposit of €50 to reserve your space).
Morning of Mindfulness Workshop Upcoming Dates:
Sunday 13th September (11.00 – 1.00pm). Cost €25 (ex booking fee).
Sunday 11th October (11.00-1.00pm). Cost €25 (ex booking fee).
Take part in our monthly mindfulness gathering. This is a chance to take time some time to practice mindfulness together on a weekend morning away from the busyness of life!
To ensure the safety of each participant through social distancing there is a maximum capacity of 12 people, so book early to reserve your space.
Both newcomers to mindfulness and experienced meditators are welcome to the above workshops.
Venue at St. Luke’s Home Education Centre, Blackrock, Cork.
“This course has helped me to become aware of how my feelings, thoughts and moods are only temporary and that they will come and go. Not to get overwhelmed by my thoughts and to let them come and go without resisting them. Bringing attention to my breathing and turning my attention to other aspects of my life around me..noises,smells, nature. Being more gentle with myself in times of doubt and confusion and trusting in myself and my experience of life more. Not wanting to change the world to my way of thinking. Not to be judgemental of others.” -Mairead