Practicing Mindfulness allows us to live wholeheartedly in the present moment. It supports us to live happier, healthier lives while also greatly reducing stress and worry.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an internationally respected program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn over thirty five years ago. It has been clinically proven to benefit people with a diversity of life challenges such as stress, depression, anxiety, chronic pain and illness.
Suaimhneas Mindfulness also offers Cognitive-Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT) which is an evidence-based, present oriented talking therapy. It focuses on what we think or believe about ourselves and the world around us, and how this can affect our emotions and behaviours. Shirine provides one to one CBT therapy and specialises in ‘third wave’ approaches with an emphasis on mindfulness, self-compassion and acceptance.
One to one Mindfulness and CBT sessions are available both online and in person. The eight week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course will also move online from September 2020. This is to ensure that all those interested can safely participate in a way that best suits their own personal circumstances.
Please do not hesitate to contact for more information.
Shirine is a member of the Mindfulness Teacher’s Network of Ireland and Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Ireland/Irish Council for Psychotherapy.
- “Thanks so much Shirine. It has been an amazing 8 weeks. I am more relaxed and calm and better equipped to deal my busy life as a mom, manager and wife. My children now have my full attention in the evenings, we have much more fun at home now. I am able to switch gears between work and home” –Karen
- “It has transformed my life and how I live my life. Not in a way that others (except maybe those closest to me) would notice, but it is has fundamentally changed how I live my life – and hopefully will continue to live my life.”
- "Shirine was born to do this job. Her sincerity, warmth and authenticity shine through. She went out of her way to help me with my particular challenge (recovery from chronic pain). I couldn't recommend her higher" - Elaine
- “Shirine, you have a gift, a great voice and you manage your state so well in the classes. Mindfulness is a journey and it is good to have a role model to see. It adds credibility and trust to what is new” – Karen
- “ I enjoyed the course thoroughly. Coming here on a Monday night was like a refuge from the busyness that is life. The two and a half hours always flew and I left each week feeling at peace with myself. The other students were also lovely and from all walks of life”
- “The course has been very important to me. It came along at a time in my life when I needed it most. I have gained a new awareness of time and how I use it. I am a calmer, happier person.” – Gillian
- “I can only say, I enjoyed every minute. Shirine is, in my opinion, the channel which enabled me to become mindful and experience the joy of it.” - Gillian
Workshops and Courses:
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course (2020):
Eight Week Online Course Starting Tuesday 15th September 2020, 7-9.30pm.
(Includes Day of Mindfulness on Saturday 31st October)
As a safety measure and in response to Covid-19, the September 2020 Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course will take place online. This may be of benefit to someone who is unable to attend a course in person and would prefer to participate from their own home. Also, it will also make the course accessible to those who may not be able to attend an MBSR course in their local area.
If you are interested in participating in the upcoming online MBSR training please consider the following:
You will need a comfortable and safe space in your home to participate in weekly sessions with enough room for a comfortable chair and space on the floor to roll out a mat/yoga mat or a blanket.
An internet connection fast enough to operate zoom video calls. If you are new to zoom then support will be provided to help you set-up.
Cost is €320. (Instalments and concessions available, don’t hesitate to enquire).
(Booking Deposit of €50 to reserve your space).
Morning of Mindfulness Workshop Upcoming Dates:
Sunday 13th September (11.00 – 1.00pm). Cost €25.
Take part in our monthly mindfulness gathering. This is a chance to take time some time to practice mindfulness together on a weekend morning away from the busyness of life!
To ensure the safety of each participant through social distancing there is a maximum capacity of 12 people, so book early to reserve your space.
Both newcomers to mindfulness and experienced meditators are welcome to the above workshops.
Venue at St. Luke’s Home Education Centre, Blackrock, Cork.
“This course has helped me to become aware of how my feelings, thoughts and moods are only temporary and that they will come and go. Not to get overwhelmed by my thoughts and to let them come and go without resisting them. Bringing attention to my breathing and turning my attention to other aspects of my life around me..noises,smells, nature. Being more gentle with myself in times of doubt and confusion and trusting in myself and my experience of life more. Not wanting to change the world to my way of thinking. Not to be judgemental of others.” -Mairead